Sunday, February 24, 2013

So, It's A Family Visits

I'm really sorry for not being able to update the blog
I know my blog isn't that famous but there are people reading it
Regardless of what people have in mind about this blog, I insist to post

So, yesterday I went back to my hometown
The place where I grew up
The place that I kept my secrets
The place that taught me a lot of things
The place that reminded me of a lot of emotions
It's too many to get all the descriptions out

Supposedly, I went for a spring cleaning
But coincidentally, there was a feast made for my uncle to be a husband to his future wife
He's gonna married a Perakian, the second Perakian out of his 20+ siblings, after my stepfather
I wasn't that delighted because this feast was for the families of my other grandma of my mother's side
My real grandma is the older wife
They call her by the name, Mak We, coming from the word 'emak' and 'tua', meaning the older mother/wife
I was so happy to see my Nenek
She is still healthy
She is happy
Looking at her just gives me the will to live
I tear up a little now, knowing that I don't live with her anymore
But remembering her makes my heart soars

So, we got back to my Nenek's house after the feast at the other house
Before we got back, my sister and I got to play with the goats that my Atok rears
My uncle said, they were shy
The goats busied themselves eating while running around in their 'house' as we were trying to touch and get near them
It was their feeding time
We talked as we reached home
When we arrived, Pak Ngah and Poksu followed suit
We talked
I didn't like much when they were also there because their talking was heavier
Talking about my choices of working, cars, all those that required thinking
I hated that
I just wanna sit and chat with Nenek about people, updates, not all those craps
Nenek is a simple lady
I love her because she is not pushy, critical, judgmental
Even she looks like she didn't give a shit, she does actually
She remembered the moments when I was at primary school, when I was too busy going here and there for competitions and the likes that I barely remember myself doing those
I love Nenek a lot

Dear God, please keep her healthy
I need her now
Please don't take any of my relatives in near future
Just like u took one of us on early Feb
I'm still in disbelief

After that, we went to visit my auntie who just lost her son 2 weeks ago
He succumbed to death right after the accident
We all blamed that yenna primary school teacher who happened to broke her only arms, not losing her life after the sudden changing of lane that made their cars bumped into each other front to front

When we arrived, we thought the house was empty
I just crashed in and they were inside, my Mak Long and others
I didn't bring up about the deceased in the first place
Not the moment when the sofa was still cool
We were busy playing with the deceased's daughter and her cousin
They are adorable but they are just children
They threw many tantrums, much to our amusement and disgust at the same time
When the darkness fell, I tried to get some first-hand information from my Mak Long
She took out newspaper articles that I didn't believe myself reading it
I could see the despair in her eyes
Thank God she wasn't wailing or even shed one single tear
It was about 10 at night, and we excused ourselves
I hope their family will keep holding on for both goodness sake

Everything happened so fast
I hope there's a blessing in disguise that I pray for patience to face the music


XOXO



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment