Saturday, December 1, 2012

So, E.R.A.S.E 2012































I signed up to be a volunteer at ERadicate - (AIDS + Stigma) = Equality
The acronym is E.R.A.S.E
I was supposed to be there at 8am but I accidentally overslept
I arrived around 9 o'clock

This event is held at the entrance of Berjaya Times Square near the Krispy Kreme and Starbucks
Krispy Kreme is one of the sponsor
The event is sponsored by many sponsors and there are also many supporting organisations for the event
I think I had all the supporting org in the pictures
I was assigned to do free hugs at the monorail station
I saw my junior passed by in the middle of briefing
But this was after the opening ceremony

During the opening act, there were loads of speeches, from Malaysia AIDS Council, Ministry of Health, and a rep from America including from the American Embassy
Aaron Aziz was one of the people who delivered speeches
He was so jolly and fun when he was on stage
In fact, he is so very handsome!!!
I bet the girls were drooling when he was giving his speech
After he was seated, the crowd was getting less
Hahaha

The officiating gimmick was Harith Iskander sitting on a seat hang on to giant helium balloons
After the opening act, we were to go to the stationed places to do our part - promote, educate, raise fund, etc.
I was partnered with Anne, a law student from UiTM Shah Alam
She's wonderful
Besides giving away free hugs, we were to do freeze mob and flash mob
I thought I'm gonna be in hell that Idk the steps but I learnt the steps yesterday
However, I was not a part of the flashmob since the crowd was too many
The flashmob was taken place during our lunch break
The very moment I opened my bento box, the volunteer supervisor asked to join the flashmob, adding the crowd

Before they do the flashmob from the tutorial, there were many other flashmobs or should I say dance
Dark Side, Kelly Clarkson, was also one of the songs that they dance along
I recorded it
I've no idea I could attach it here or not, but I'll give it a shot
After the lunch break, I was exhausted
Maybe because I was digesting the food
I couldn't help but to be less productive
Haih

After I ended my shift, Dayang Nurfaizah was on stage at the entrance since I was taking off, wrapping up my shift
Then, Bob AF was up
I'd no idea Fahrin Ahmad was there as well
I tried to take pictures with all three of them but they were too busy with other people
I only managed to get a picture with Fahrin Ahmad
He seems a little tired
Both singers singing very good live
I'm inspired

That's how my time with E.R.A.S.E. ended
Please don't hesitate to come and support the event
Support the cause of avoiding yourself from discriminating the HIV+ patients
They may be get infected accidentally
The sickness may got them killed but it's more painful to deal with the discrimination - the smirk, the avoidance

It is still on tomorrow
Just come and support
At least you can go jalan-jalan at Berjaya Times Square after dropping by at the booths that has been set up for u

U can donate for MAC by buying cards, paying for the aerial balloon seat, t-shirts+goody bag+vouchers
Your help will be very meaningful to those people in need

I learnt a lot today
I hope I remember the lessons since it will be very helpful for my future upcoming







XOXO




Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.



















No comments:

Post a Comment