Monday, August 13, 2012

So, It's Called PHH12

This is the best part in August for me besides the anticipation for Raya and Raya itself
I had one of the best time in my life
A Prince Hotel Holiday with besties!!!
They turned into beasts as well
U'll get the deets later on

Initially, I thought of my tight budget which never allows me to go with them
But impromptu response from myself
I went to join them and been on a cloud 9
Looks like a brand of a chocolate, that cloud 9, innit?
So here we go
Let the story begin!

|The Gathering|

We were supposed to gather at 1.30pm at Pavilion
But the jam was sucks till the point where everybody in the car turned into beasts
But I was the sleepy beast
Gave less response despite the rage inside
We were stuck at a very patience-testing jam for hours
Prior to stuck in the jam, I supposed to be at my bestfriend's house early in the morning
Due to tiredness of the nice treats and gruesome experience, I woke up late that I need to do some chores before heading to his house
I managed to catch a train and arrived at the meeting point at 1pm
Then, I was there until half an hour past 2pm
It was hot, felt like to faint
Still, managed not to
Then, they arrived
I was the sleepy beast
Gave less response despite the rage inside
I contemplated that they were stuck in jam
Afterwards, we headed directly to the hotel we were supposed to check in after hours stuck in jam, together

|The Check In|

We were still not well-oriented about the hotel layout
Therefore, the feeling of lost was there and we were like cavemen who checked into a grand hotel
We even had no idea where to park, is it OK to park here or there temporarily, it uses a room card for parking like really?
Upon check in, we parked our car since we retrieved the room key card
Then, we were baffled that there are separate lifts that we were needed to take before we could get into our rooms
We had no idea to get the access to our room floor needs the usage of a room key
Thanks to the very 'welcoming' staffs there, since coincidentally they were also taking the lift
We got into our rooms
Initial occupants: 3

When we settled, we had a photo shoot
So called 'photo shoot'
Then, we rested, waiting for the rest to come, to the very same room :P
We laid down on the bed
I was on the window seats that I've been dreaming to sit on
It was so exciting
I was enjoying my time sitting despite overlooking from level 17

How high is that? Vertigo innit?

|The Arrival Continue|

They got there and I intended to go down and fetched them at the hotel lobby
Somehow, my besty and I had forgotten the fact that they required the room key to get access to the hotel rooms
We decided to wait in the room
When the arriving besties took the lift, the lift went up but then it went back down
They freaked out
Fortunately, I was the only one who haven't get naked
So, I went down

When I got down, I was so excited that I literally squeaked
I just couldn't help myself letting out a few squeals out
Up we went
Total occupants: 6

|The Journey to Hadramawt|

When they had arrived, we exchanged greetings
Everybody seemed very happy including me
Then, we got ready for our break fast at Hadramawt Restaurant
The location of the eatery was not known by any of us, all 6 heads
With the aid of technology, we tried to figure out the location
I was about to faint when they decided to only walk to the location which is about 2 km away from out starting point, PETRONAS Twin Tower

They were too preoccupied with their catching up that they care less about getting there
To them, it was near
We walked and then we took a bus
Some of us were flabbergasted in terror to get on the bus
I asked the female conductor, who is not a Malaysian, for the location
There are 2 Hadramawt Restaurants
Either Wadi Hadramawt or Hadramawt Restaurant
We turned to be the centre of attraction in the bus
We were so ashamed
I felt like to smash the person next to me
Because he directed both air-conditioner air hole to him
Silly ye**a!

The embarrassment continued
When we alighted from the bus, most of the people on the second level, which is an open air section, saw us, gaping, even laughing at us
How silly we felt at that moment
To get down from a bus to enter a fine restaurant should be something to be admired
But I have no idea why they were laughing, those silly people
They were a group of people who arranged break fast gathering
And all of them sucks!

We entered the restaurant
The shamefulness resided a little that we were enthralled by the beauty of the ambiance
Very captivating
We were seated

|The Beasts|

During the break fast, the food was insufficient
We remained patient
But we were turning into beasts because the others made us to
I mean, the other patrons of the restaurants
It was an addition of the current dissatisfaction, too full, too crowded

They were chasing after the food as if they haven't been eating for ages
They cut ques, go after food like caveman despite the gender
They even lost control
Even, the laddle fell onto one of my besties' shoes
How scary is that?
We fumed and about to explode
I'm just trying to look at it as a funny experience

No wonder they were so into the food
The food was delish!
Love it much
For me, it was good because even I am not a big fan of Middle Eastern food
It was slightly above par
Love the drink called vimta

Afterwards, we went back
We proceed with our missed activity: shopping at Pavilion
We went out of the restaurant
We tried to get away from the sight of the silly people upstairs
I was thinking of taking the bus but the insist not to
We walked and talked just at the side of the road just like we saw in the movie
It was fun
We opted to wait for taxi at the bus stand farther

The unforgettable moment was to cross the road
The Egyptian student is used to crossing a hectic street
Left us the Malaysian students
We were scared to death to cross the street
Halfway through the road, the traffic was heavy again
We were screaming our heart out, on top of our lungs
The feeling is like you're about to fall from a crumbling cliff

When we were at the other side of the road
The drama continued
We needed to use to taxis instead of cramping all 6 of us in one cab
I was on the second cab
One of us uttered, "Ikut teksi depan, uncle!" in a stern tone, as if we were chasing after criminals
The traffic remained heavy
We reached Pavilion at about 9 o'clock

|The Quick Shopping|

We went to a few shops
Very quick glances
And this part is also going to be short
Nonetheless, they managrd to get a shirt or two each
Back to the hotel

|The Show|

We were back at the hotel room
We were having a 'show'
It's hard to describe that I think I just skipped that part
Some of us were about to sleep
Most of us were passive since we were digesting the food where energy were consumed for that

Our Junior Researcher friend in UK called via Skype
Thank you to Safuwan for the broadband
Each of us talked to Fuad exchanging news about each other
He was still fasting
More hours to go for break
Afterwards, we talked, we sang, we giggled, and we wiggled
We were getting ready for early sahur

|The Sahur|

We chose to eat at HR Steakhouse at Kampong Baru
The journey to the place was quite a new experience to me
It's because to be at a village within minutes from the hectic and congested roads
Since we were not really a KL people, we were getting use to get lost for directions
We thought we might not secure any seats but apparently, there were many empty seats
We ordered
Most of them ate lamb chop
I ordered sirloin steak, much to my disgust because I am not a big fan of meat, since chicken chop was not available and I had oversaw my favourite on the menu, fish and chips
The fruit juice were delish!!!
Most of us had mango juice which was fantastic and served in jumbo glass
I spent quite a lot but I just feel like doing so since I'm rarely pamper myself with good food
The food arrived a bit late
The place also already became like a dumpster, much to Adib's disgust
As for Acap, he was a bit dissatisfied since he did not get 'more lamb' as he requested
Piki was the most silent among us but he made an impressive punchlines when he opened his mouth
We went there by Kepah's car
Nobody mention anything about the food
It can mean, the food was good and the price is so reasonable

|The Plan|

We went back approximately after 4am
The initial plan was to go to Jalan TAR for shopping but we cancelled since everybody was tired and we were short of time to get ready before imsak

We laid down and suddenly new idea popped up
MPH13
The next trip
My goodness, the discussion was one of the discussions that I'm looking for
A very productive discussion, I guess
The deets are disclosed
I'll update it from time to time

While we were preparing the plan, we drank
Until we barely had anything to drink anymore
We felt we needed more water but to go down buy new bottles was impossible
We waited for azan and performed our prayers before we slept

|The Check Out|

As usual, to wake up a bit earlier than the others are impossible for me
Adib was up early that he was the first to get dressed
I think I know why he was early that day
It was because he wanted to shop besides he was afraid to be charged for late check out
Most of us got up lazily, got dressed and took a longer time to get ready
When were checking out, it was nerve racking as we occupied a room with six persons
Fortunately, the check out went smoothly
Off to Pavilion we went

|The Shopping Spree|

Despite the heaviness on our steps, we managed to get some clothes for Raya
Adib took the longest time to find a jeans
We whined because we were very very very exhausted
He bought the same shirt with Kepah
However, Adib was the early bird

When we decided to leave, the rain was pouring heavily
We decided to redah that hujan

When we arrived back at the hotel to get the cars, we exchanged goodbyes and promised to get MPH13 to be realized

I am still feel the excitement even it ended yesterday
Maybe it is the starting point of our travelling together
There are more to come
Looking forward to it

XOXO



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment